Dr. Dave Whitaker | Mark 12:35-44
Law vs. Love. The thing that makes a difference in our lives will not be the intellectual arguments or the signs. It will be encountering Jesus, Himself. If we try to save ourselves, will fail. We must rest in Him completely. What's keeping you from trusting Him?
Download or listen to Jesus in Opposition to hear more.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of this message. It is helpful to discuss your answers with others such as your Community Group, family, friends or an accountability partner.
- What is your take away from this message?
- What issue lies behind Jesus' question (vv. 35-37)? how will the answer to this question answer all the others directed at Jesus in 11:27-12:34?
- How would you recognize the "strut" of those teachers of the law (vv. 38-40)? By contrast, what does the "strut" of a Christian leader look like (see 10:42-45)?
- What is Jesus' point in contrasting their situation with that of the poor widow?
- When is "more" actually "less?" When is a "little" a "lot?"
- How do people use religion, especially tithing, to make themselves look good? How have you been tempted to do so?
- Are you giving to God's work regularly? Why or why not?
- Consider 2 Corinthians 8-9. What would you need to change to reflect the act and attitude of giving in this passage?
- Write out a prayer in response to what the Lord has taught you through this study and what steps in response He might want you to take.