Dr. Dave Whitaker | Mark 13:24-37
Jesus looks very different in the Second Coming. People often read it symbolically, but Jesus is speaking quite literally. It's physical, and it's personal. Be on guard. Stay awake. This doctrine is vital to the Christian faith.
Download or listen to Watching and Waiting to hear more.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of this message. It is helpful to discuss your answers with others such as your Community Group, family, friends or an accountability partner.
- What is your take away from this message?
- How will the Son of Man come (vv. 24-27)?
- How does the fig tree lesson (vv. 28-29) answer the disciples' questions from v. 4 (Also 11:12-14, 20-21)?
- What promises does Jesus give in vv. 30-31? How would this comfort (or discomfort) the disciples? What impact do these promises have on you 21 centuries later?
- Why do you think the Father has kept the time secret (v. 32)? What is the responsibility of believers in the meantime?
- When you see the forces of evil apparently winning, do you feel like withdrawing from the battle or rolling up your sleeves and getting into the fray? How does this passage encourage you?
- What is the most exciting thing to you about the Second Coming? The most distressing? What questions would you ask Jesus about it?
- Specifically, how can you follow and fulfill vv. 34-37?
- Write out a prayer in response to what the Lord has taught you through this study and what steps in response He might want you to take.