Dr. Dave Whitaker | Mark 14:12-31
All real love is substitutionary sacrifice. It doesn't matter what race you are, how much money you make, where you live, how well you have performed or how hard you have tried... we all have broken the law and must face justice. Your only hope is to take shelter under the blood of the Lamb.
Download or listen to Drinking Your Cup to hear more.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of this message. It is helpful to discuss your answers with others such as your Community Group, family, friends or an accountability partner.
- What is your take away from this message?
- How does this meal relate to the Passover (see Exodus 12)?
- Why would secrecy be needed as the meal was planned? What risk was involved?
- What does Jesus say about His betrayer? How do the disciples react to that bombshell?
- What new meaning did Jesus give to the Passover bread? The wine? What vow did he make?
- How much to you think the disciples understood when Jesus spoke about his body and blood? What clue to the meaning of Jesus' death and resurrection would later be provided by reference to the first Passover (see Exodus 12)?
- How would you have felt had you been at the meal? What is your focus when you partake of Communion? Why is Communion important to the body of believers (see also 1 Corinthians 11:17-34)?
- Write out a prayer in response to what the Lord has taught you through this study and what steps in response He might want you to take.