Dr. Dave Whitaker | Mark 15:40-16:8
When you get to know Jesus, there are going to be some things you do not like. He is a threat to us because believing in Him means we lose control. You need a God who is not a product of your needs, but one who you can believe in not because He meets your needs, but because He is true. Though, because He is true, He will meet your needs.
Download or listen to Empty Tomb to hear more.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of this message. It is helpful to discuss your answers with others such as your Community Group, family, friends or an accountability partner.
- What is your take away from this message?
- Why do you think the women go to the tomb at the time they do? What does this say about them?
- What potential problem looms ahead? What do they find instead? What do they fear? Seeing the empty tomb and the man sitting beside it, what thoughts are racing through their heads?
- Do you think they believed the man? How do their actions support your answer?
- Why do you think the angel asked them specifically to speak to Peter? What does this tell you about Jesus' attitude, concern and plans for Peter?
- Would you have had trouble believing the angel's words? Why or why not?
- Who did Jesus send to tell you that He has risen? Did you/do you have trouble believing that person?
- What are your obstacles to believing in the resurrection of Jesus? Since Christianity rests completely on the resurrection of Jesus, would you be willing to explore this further? (We'd be happy to have a conversation). What steps could you take this week?
- If you are convinced, what convinced you? To whom is Jesus sending you with this message? What steps will you take to share this good news?
- Write out a prayer in response to what the Lord has taught you though this study and what steps in response that He might want you to take.