Dr. Jeff Holmes | Philippians 2:12-18
How do we live humbly? Live like you're saved. When we realized we had salvation in Christ, we became co-heirs with Christ. Why, then, do we have fear and anxiety when we know the One who created everything is in control? When we have worked out and actually realized that God is in ultimate control, we naturally live in humility. There's nothing for which we can take the glory. Worship is worth it.
Download or listen to Living Humbly to hear more.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of this message. It is helpful to discuss your answers with others such as your Community Group, family, friends or an accountability partner.
- What is your take away from this message?
- When was a time you were dazzled by the night-time stars? What did that view communicate to you about God?
- In v.15, we are encouraged to live in a way that causes us to shine like stars. What do you think God intends the world to know about Him through us?
- In v.12, we are encouraged to "work out our salvation." Because we are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-10), what might this working out of salvation refer to? How does v. 13 help bring light to the answer to this question? What difficult situation are you in right now where you are being called to show (work out) your salvation?
- Why is it so easy to grumble and dispute? Why did the Israelites in the desert find it easy? How does grumbling keep you from shining? Is there anything you are currently grumbling about? When was a time you were inspired by someone shining like a star for God? (v.15) Has God's Word ever served as an anchor in a difficult time for you? Why is "holding fast to the Word" so important to our ability to shine? What is your action step from the passage?
- Write out a prayer in response to what the Lord has taught you through this study and what steps in response He might want you to take.