Dr. David Whitaker | Matthew 7:24-27; 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Our mission as a church—as Morgan Hill Bible Church—is to connect into a vital relationship with Jesus. This bottom line comes straight from Scripture—from the Great Commission. And Scripture is the revelation of God.
Download or listen to God's Revelation to hear more.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of this message. It is helpful to discuss your answers with others such as your Community Group, family, friends or an accountability partner.
- What is your take away from this message?
- Read Matthew 7:24-27. How do the differences and similarities between the two house builders reflect the people who heard Jesus? What kind of commitment is Jesus calling for here?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17. What does Paul say about the origin and purpose of Scripture?
- How is this relevant to what he said earlier (see 2 Timothy 3:1-15)?
- Why would the temptation to tell people what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear be a temptation?
- What was Jesus focused on (see John 5:17, 19, 30)? How will you build the same into your own life?
- Applying Scripture to our lives is important. Is the foundation of your life on solid rock or sand (in other words, do you just believe in the Bible or are you surrendered to it)? What would you have to tear down in order to shore up that foundation? How can someone else help you in this process?
- What is the "next step" that the Lord is leading you to take? Write out a prayer in response to what the Lord has taught you through this study.