Dr. David Whitaker | Psalm 32
What do we do when we feel guilty? Much of our environment is filled with guilt - we do and say things we know we shouldn't... And this guilt isn't from other people. This is the real guilt that is the product of the real sin and real choices we make. So the question is how do we respond to that? How do we deal with it and heal from it?
Download or listen to My Guilt to hear more.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of this message. It is helpful to discuss your answers with others such as your Community Group, family, friends or an accountability partner.
- What is your take away from this message?
- Read Psalm 32. How do you compare to the horse of the mute (v.9)? Why?
- What is the source of blessing (or happiness)? How does this compare with Psalm 1?
- List out the ways David gives us for responding to our guilt/sin improperly. What happens when we don't respond right?
- How does "in whose spirit is no deceit" (v.2) relate to the struggle expressed in vv.3-5?
- List out the ways David gives us for responding to our guilt/sin properly. What happens when we respond in a right way?
- How does the Lord's counsel (vv.8-9) relate to david's struggle (vv.3-4)? How is he like a horse and a mule?
- Read the Apostle Pail's reflection on this passage in Romans 4:1-12. What is he trying to teach us?
- Unconfessed sin sapped David's strength like the summer heat. What picture would you use to describe forfeiting God's blessing by covering up your own sin? (Proverbs 28:13)
- Applying scripture to our lives is important. What is the "next step" that God, through this Psalm and the Spirit, is leading you to take? Read 1 John 1:5-2:2.
- Write out a prayer in response to what the Lord has taught you through this study.