Dr. Jeff Holmes | Psalm 121
Think of something you've read, seen or done that has made you release a deep sigh of relief. Like a breath-taking view of the ocean or the mountains. Maybe a short teaching video about God's love. This Psalm is one of those passages that gives you breath and hope. But we still feel like God is asleep at the wheel... all we hear is silence. What's the deal?
Download or listen to Lifting Our Eyes Up to hear more.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of this message. It is helpful to discuss your answers with others such as your Community Group, family, friends or an accountability partner.
- What is your "take away" from this message?
- When was a time your "foot slipped"? Where did your eyes look?
- In our culture, where do people tend to look for help?
- What are some places yo have looked for help over the course of your life?
- Reading the whole Psalm, when was a time you felt completely cared for by God?
- As you reflect on the Psalm, when was a time you felt you were burned or evil came against you?
- Why do you think there is an emphasis on God "keeping" us in this passage?
- Read John 14:1-4. What does this say about God's "keeping"?
- Write out a prayer in response to what the Lord has taught you through this study and what steps in response He might want you to take.