Dr. David Whitaker | Ephesians 4:1-16
Why do we get together every week? Church, youth groups, small groups... why? And what does it look like when a community of believers allow the Gospel be the center of everything we do? How does that affect us and our community?
Download or listen to What is this Community? to hear more.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of this message. It is helpful to discuss your answers with others such as your Community Group, family, friends or an accountability partner.
- What is your take away from this message?
- Reading between the lines, what do you think Paul was concerned about in Ephesus?
- What qualities ought to characterize a "life worthy of the calling?" What happens when believers live out these qualities? How does each quality promote unity? How does viewing God the Father add to our unity?
- What is the purpose of the various gifts (vv.8-13)?
- What is the different between the unity that already exists (vv.3-6) and the unity that is still to come (vv.13-16)?
- What is the climatic point of the passage? How will this happen?
- Of the 5 qualities listed in v.2, which one needs to be developed most in your life? What relationship will profit from that quality now?
- What does "speaking the truth in love" mean as opposed to love without truth or truth without love?
- From this passage, what is the problem with living the Christian life apart from the church? In what way do you need others? What strength can you give others?
- Applying the Scripture to our lives is important. What is the "next step" that the Lord is leading you to take? Write out a prayer in response to what the Lord has taught you through this study.