Dr. Dave Whitaker | Mark 13:1-23
Some people are skeptical of the Second Coming. There will be rumors of war and many will claim to be the Christ. There will be famines and earthquakes; but Jesus says that is only the beginning. Be rooted in the Scriptures. Be on guard.
Download or listen to The Coming Judgment to hear more.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of this message. It is helpful to discuss your answers with others such as your Community Group, family, friends or an accountability partner.
- What is your take away from this message?
- Why does Jesus use the discussion about the temple to begin His discourse about the end of the age? What made the temple significant for the Jews? For the disciples?
- What would its destruction symbolize for them?
- After hearing this bombshell, what two questions do the disciples ask (v. 4)? What events might deceive them into thinking the end times had come (vv. 5-8)? Of what will these events be a sign?
- After that, what things will happen to the disciples and the early church (vv. 9-13)? To governors, kinds and all nations?
- What comfort and advocate will aid them to endure their trials?
- What dreadful event (v. 14; Daniel 9:26; 11:31; 12:11) will bring days of distress unequalled in human history? What deceptive signs will accompany that distress (vv. 21-22)?
- What does this teach you about God? About us?
- Write out a prayer in response to what the Lord has taught you through this study and what steps in response He might want you to take.